Monday, August 25, 2008

Sigh.

Jessica insisted that if we're going to keep this blog up to date we'd have to overhaul the look, but I'm having trouble getting her to do it. Maybe one of you more experienced bloggers could help her do it. In fairness, I've also been very busy listening to David Archuleta's new single over and over. Seriously.

Saturday was Abby's birthday and we had 5 eight year old girls over to the house (it felt like 15). It was brutal. Jessica did crafts with them and gave them all pedicures while they watched the insipid new Cheetah Girls movie. Needless to say we ended up with nail polish on the carpet. Of course it was Sam who did it (I can say with some confidence at this point that he's going to greatly enjoy having older sisters' friends in the house in the coming years) Abby got a bunch of the afore-mentioned Cheetah Girls crap but the real coup de grace was Jessica convincing me to let her get 2 cats. But lest anyone think this is a recipe for a replay of the Pudge fiasco, I have always liked cats and don't anticipate any problems, other than the normal pet problems, like Claire brushed the kitten's teeth this morning with her toothbrush and Spongebob toothbrush, and now he's making strange noises. Sigh.

8 comments:

Kathy said...

Brian,
I can't help you with the Cheetah girls, or the cats, but I have some advice on how to remove the nail polish from your carpet.

Squirt some shaving GEL (not cream) on it, rub it in, and then spray windex on top of that. Let is sit for a couple minutes and then wash it all out with a warm rag. It might take a couple treatments, but it works GREAT!! Good luck!

You or Jessica should go to http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/because they have a lot of choices for backgrounds, and they have really easy to follow instructions.

P.S. We need some pictures of your family!! We don't even know how many kids you have now!!!

Cassie and Chad said...

WOO HOOO!!! Welcome Fellow Bloggers! I guess now that you are actually official I will have to "Link" you on my blog. Party sounds like fun oh and if you find out how to remove bright pink nail polish from Tile (nail polish remover is not working) please let me know!

The Jones Seven said...

Hi guys!!! Abby your party sounded so fun! We hope you had a fun day!! We want to see pictures of the kitties!!!! How are you?

The Jones Seven said...

Lindsay is making a major push to ad some animal to our family number out here in Kansas. I need to remember how much they stink. Oh bother.

brian and jessica jones said...

Make it a cat, not a dog. You will regret a dog.

Cassie and Chad said...

Make it a dog not a cat you will regret a cat!!!

The Jones Seven said...

Enough I will have none of the above. I dislike all animals, cept the ones on my plate.

Cassie and Chad said...

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!!!!